Friday, May 20, 2011

I just want to be something that you can learn to love;

I'm trying out Lady Gaga's new album while I write this. I've been waiting until my mood has balanced out before writing this out so as not to have a biased opinion on certain matters, but let's hope this CD doesn't change that.

My washer machine is still broken. We're going on two weeks. Trish, in the leasing office, agrees with me that it's bullshit that it's not fixed yet. She's printed the work order repeatedly so it's on top of their queue, but still they ignore it. I'm going up to see my mom tomorrow primarily to do laundry and work on a new budget sheet. I should charge maintenance a fee for all of the inconvenience they've caused me. 

My medication for my /UTI/ didn't work. It turns out that I was immune to the medication. Oops? I'm on some new medication which has been working since day one, but I take my last pill tomorrow morning and I'm worried that it's not completely gone. My doctor, Connie, says I can call her if it doesn't fully go away but I can't afford to drive down to Lone Tree AGAIN this month to figure out which medication will work for whatever infection I have. We're pretty sure it's not even a proper UTI, but we don't know what else to call it. If it weren't for being in a serious relationship with Chadwick and being monogamous, I'd be worried. Alas, my body is just being a bitch. Except ever since I started my phentermine back in March/April, I've lost ten pounds! Shocker: before I was on the medication, I weighed 167 lbs. Atrocious, right? I carry my weight like a champ. But with the medication and actually LISTENING to my body and taking portion size seriously, I'm down to 156. I haven't even been working out on account of my sheer laziness. But I haven't been taking phentermine for two weeks now, if not longer, and I'm still losing weight by myself. I'm so proud of myself. I overate yesterday and have been mentally beating myself up for it, but I'll make up for it. If I continue the pills, as I have already picked up another two months' worth of pills and actually start working out, Connie says I should have no problem getting to 145. Can you imagine? I've been at least 150 ever since Sophomore year, if not earlier. To be below that, live a healthy lifestyle and make it a habit to work out, even if just three hours a week .... I can't express how amazing that would be. I'm just stoked that the weight is coming off so easily. My plateau shouldn't be for another six pounds, but I know I can do it. Ashley's finally back from her summer vacation so we can work out and tan together - if the sun decides to ever come back out. 

Chadwick and I are doing better, all things considered. We almost broke up a week and a half ago. It was a terrible day but we figured it all out. I'm actively trying to appreciate him and his few requests of me and he's doing his best for me. Small steps for us both. He's been on the ball with his finances, which was always the biggest stress factor for me. I need to stop letting my stress from other aspects of my life affect my relationship with him. We can make this last; we both know we can. We just need to ensure we're on top of communication with one another. Simple as that. 

Work! I just finished my first week at Starbucks. It's been over a year since I worked five days in a row. It took a toll on me - I somewhat snapped at my boss during a rush and walked away from the bar - but after talking with my boss and what do you know - COMMUNICATION - we have a better understanding of one another and how we both teach and learn best. I also opened this morning at whopping 4:30 so that could have had a hand in the frustration. I just need to allow myself to be trained and not think I'm going to get everything down in a few days; it doesn't work that way. They have a strict system for everything they do so I need to forget the past three and a half years of training from Seattle's Best Coffee and follow Starbucks rules and regulations. I just need to keep practicing and reading over my manuals and policies. I have the whole weekend off so there's no reason not to study them all. Next week I'm a few hours shy of full-time, but I should be making at least $50 cash in tips on Monday from this past week. Pocket money, woo! 

Final grades came out for the semester! I received an A in US History and B's in everything else. 3.25 GPA. I cannot remember the last time I ever did so well in school. I was so hoping for two A's, but hey, I'll take a single one. Let's hope I can keep it up for the next five semesters!

I was reminded this week how much I love Bridget Jones' Diary, movie and book. Everything about it I love. Perhaps because when I first read/saw it I was a singleton myself and was living much of the lifestyle of Miss Jones, minus sleeping with my boss and working for television. But it's lovely. I'm sad that I have to return the movie to Netflix, but hopefully I will be able to budget money these next few weeks or after the move and can buy it off ebay - a nice little present to myself.

Oh! Most importantly! Our little kitten, Pyruvate, that we took in during Spring Break became a mommy two days ago! I guess she's no longer our little kitten haha. She had four kittens, half born a day later than the others. Unfortunately there was one stillborn but my mom had prepared me for it so it wasn't too tragic to handle. There are two black kitties, one has white paws like his mommy, and there's a gray one. =] One of the black ones is REALLY loud so we're going to name him Han Solo. :D Chad loves Star Wars and I wanted to name two kittens Solo and Doppio, but I had to compromise with the first one. Chad refuses to name one Doppio, understandably. I can't help that I have weird ideas for cat names. 

But with kittens and work I haven't had much time to myself, which is why I have not sent a postcard to Chelsea just yet. I know which postcard I'll be using, does that count? I'll write it tomorrow night/Sunday morning and slip it in the post box the minute I'm done, even if it won't be picked up until Monday. Sorry for the delay! 

I'm going to stare at the sleeping kittens for a wee bit then read in bed. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a long, although productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment