I finally figured out where MSCD was hiding their information about Winterim classes. I am beyond thrilled right now. They offer Cultural Diversity in Health and Illness this upcoming January and that's one of the courses I can take for both Anthropology and UD requirements. It would meet Tuesday through Friday from 10:00-3:40pm, Jan 03, 2011 - Jan 14, 2011. I would still be able to work Saturday through Monday, hopefully 8 hour shifts since that will be 24, right? I'll have another raise by then and I'll be just fine paying for bills, although things will definitely be a little tight. I don't spend money during the semester, so honestly, it wouldn't be nearly as hard as I'm originally thinking. But Winterim counts towards the Spring semester so I could easily take only 9 credits during the Spring but it will still count for 12 credits total, OR I could take a risk and take 12 during the Spring for a total of 15 and get half of a semester finished without taking extra time. Whatever I do, I know I'll be taking time off January 15-16 from work so I can breathe/sleep/get drunk before the semester starts again.
So let's get completely ahead of ourselves and pretend we have control over when classes are available during the year and map out the next year and a half of my education.
Winterim 2012:
Cultural Diversity in Health and Illness
Spring 2012:
Physical Anthropology and Prehistory
Human Evolution
Cross-Cultural Communication
Human Variation
Summer 2012: (as if I have any control haha but I still want to take two classes, even if it means taking really hard ones or weird UD classes - again, I'll talk to an adviser. I don't want to have to wait a whole semester for just two classes)
Primate Studies
The Neanderthal Enigma
Fall 2012:
Mummies of the World
History of Egypt [could drop if I need to fit more credits here because of summer semester]
Forensic Anthropology and Lab
Paleopathology
[I was really nervous while reformatting this list when I saw that Forensic Anthropology and Paleopathology would be during the same semester, but honestly, by taking Egyptian courses together, it will really be like I'm only taking three classes and who knows, maybe my lab and Paleopathology will share a lot of their key notes and references and it won't be that much work. I don't HAVE to take Forensic Anthropology but what kind of forensic anthropologist would I be if I didn't? I MIGHT be able to switch it with something in the spring, but I don't think I'll have learned enough by then, ya know?]
If more UD classes are required:
Classical Mythology
Philosophy of Law
Vanishing Cultures and People
The English Bible as Literature
Children's Literature
Shakespeare's Tragedies
Ancient Greece
But now I'm staring at the sheet in front of me trying to figure out why I have an extra semester's worth of classes. Do UD classes in Anthropology count towards my UD credit required for MSCD? If so, then I won't be taking a few classes that I'm legit interested in since it will take longer to graduate (classical mythology, philosophy of law, vanishing cultures and people). =[ But I just want to graduate haha. I will have plenty of time to research on my own after graduation and why take courses that aren't 100% pertinent to your major especially when you're on your last two years? It seems pretty surreal that with this list I could be in my last semester in a year from now. Scary even. I don't want to be at Metro forever - I honestly can't wait to leave - but I don't want to rush through everything and feel as if I haven't learned anything. Does that make sense?
I just need to set up time to talk to an adviser. Might end up going to school an hour earlier to make that happen since I don't have a break between classes, not really, but I should talk to them. I think technically I'm a Junior ANYWAY so I should be meeting with someone to ensure I'm on the right track. But do I meet with the anthropology department or just go to academic advising? I hope it's the first since no one in academic advising seems to give two shits if I'm on the right track.
I'M GETTING SO EXCITED. Let's hope it's not misplaced because I can't read.
No comments:
Post a Comment