Tuesday, September 6, 2011

how things are going:

It's really hard for me to take on one stress factor at a time. When one thing goes wrong, it's a bad habit to remember all of the bad things going on in every section of my life and suddenly the world is ending. But here's what's been going on since my mega-meltdown:

Chad: Things are going GREAT. We sat down again and I voiced all of my fears and we've been working together on it. We moved my desk from the craft room to the bedroom, just for now before I donate it, and we moved Chad's desk to the craft room. I've moved two bookcases to the living room and it feels a lot better. We have space for a recliner and I REALLLLY want one, so we're going to save up for one and maybe we'll have one by winter. 

Family: Haven't talked to my mom in months but that's okay. My sister is doing all right. Been talking to my brother a lot lately and he's really helped me figure out which stress factors matter and which ones can be tossed to the wind. My dad, upon thinking Chad and I had broken up, invited me to come see him during Winter holidays. I'm anxious and nervous, but it's been four years since I've seen him and his family. My last final is the 14th, so I could leave either that night and then sleep when I get there or leave the following morning. I like the night flight better. Then I have time to get situated, you know? He always wants me to stay a while, but I figure staying until the afternoon of the 20th is sufficient - but then again - I can't NOT be home that evening because that is the start of Hanuka. My dad's Roman Catholic so I don't want to deal with that - so I'll just be home! He's talking to his wife about the dates, so hopefully it'll work out - it's really the only time I have available since I'll be taking winter classes beginning January 3. 

Finances: I've given up trying to talk to my boss about hours or anything. BUT. I did hear about three different jobs from co-workers/friends/customers. There's a receptionist job in Parker for 25 hours a week. It's only $8/hr but it's more than I make now, so it might be like I'm working 28 hours at Starbucks. A woman came in for coffee who works for Allstate and mentioned there are part time positions available at her "store" and gave me her card. I e-mailed her yesterday and if I don't hear anything back, I'll give her a ring Thursday. There's also a data clerk entry job for a privatized engineering company that my supervisor Chelsea's boyfriend is a part of that pays $14 an hour. I just don't know if not being available Mondays and Wednesdays will affect the outcome. I sent her my resume to give to her boyfriend so hopefully that goes well. I'll be happy with any of these, as hours will be set, same with pay, and I'll be at a desk. 

Friends: I've begun the process of flushing out all of the bad friends from my life. It's felt pretty nice. Ashlie hasn't noticed as far as I know. The same goes with all of my old high school friends/Chad's friends. Good. Ashley thought I was ignoring her because I didn't reply to a text in ONE DAY then canceled on me and had a bit of a comment when she asked me to hang out Sunday but I already had plans with Chad. Don't get an attitude with me because I'm not at your beck and call. But it feels nice.

School doesn't get a paragraph because I still feel behind, but at least I only have one day of class this week because of Labor Day. No reason not to get caught up now, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment