Come Wednesday, I will have signed a new lease with Chadwick in the lovely south Cherry Creek area in Deerfield apartments. It’s 25 minutes from where we live now, but it will bring us so much closer to where we want to be. The only good thing about living downtown is being close to I-70 to see my mother and it’s close to school. Yes, it’s only a ten minute drive to work, but from friends and peace of mind, it’s much further away. In our new location, we’re still ten-fifteen minutes from two light rail stations for school, about fifteen-twenty minutes from work, and about ten minutes from friends. 225 won’t be too far away so the highway won’t seem impossible to access. Honestly, with over 100 more sq. ft., in a quiet, much nicer neighborhood for only $100 more a month, it’s too good to pass up. We’ll have to budget a wee bit more for that extra $100, but it’s not an impossible feat. If anything, I could easily just use my tips of the month to pay the difference without any effect on my actual income.
Chad’s dad continues to be a dick and withhold money, but Chad gave me permission to nag him into getting a second job. He wants to get one before July even comes around, which is risky all on its own. But I made a half-page list of places to apply in our new neighborhood, like simple pizza parlors, liquor stores and cozy little bars. He needs to get a second job to make ends meet and I’ve made it very clear that this month is the last time I will ever front money for him. The Xcel bill will be transferred to his name in the new place, so it will be his responsibility to remember to pay it. I’m nervous to allow him such responsibility but he’s done really well these past few weeks and I admire him for all the effort he’s put forth towards our relationship and becoming an actual adult.
I’m excited to finally leave this shithole townhome and gangsters behind. I’ve had enough of it. Our washer was finally fixed last week, but it had been a whole month! He didn’t even apologize for the wait, which is probably because he honestly didn’t know about the work order because it was never given to him. The simple fact that we only had to go to Deerfield twice to make our decision to live there and had to call The Villages over six times has to mean good things! Only 19 days until we move, and I shall request all of that Friday and Saturday off to complete the move and begin cleaning the house. My mom’s also coming down on Saturday to help move the last of the boxes and to help me organize the house. Nothing better than a mom’s touch.
I counted all of my books today. I made an old inventory list over a year ago from the books I had then, a mere 322, but now I am proud to say I have 504. Chad swore I had at least six hundred, but obviously he’s delirious to the size of books and how much six book cases can actually hold. But huzaah books! They are my wonderful babies.
Speaking of, little Ophelia has a wee eye infection. I’m waiting on word if I should possibly take her to the vet tomorrow, but since dabbing at her eye every few hours with a cotton ball cleans it, I’m hoping I won’t need to. Kilowatt had the same thing when she was smaller and it went away in a few days, but I’m still worried, can’t help it. I’ve also left the humidifier on beside the closet to help moisten her eye and to make it easier to clean. I really do help I won’t have to take her to the vet since 1.) she’s not even a month old and there are so many germs out in the world and 2.) I don’t have a lot of money right now, what with bills and rent all being due at once. So cross those fingers.
Might as well keep to my list habit for the day and plan out the move itself (what room to pack up first, when each room should be packed up, list of cleaning so we’re not bombarded after the move, when to pick up the truck, etc.). Fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment