I’m on the verge of delirium so this will be interesting.
The kittens are about nine to ten weeks old now. They are misfits and sometimes headaches. I love them dearly, but bless them - what I wouldn’t give for more nap time in the evening! The two women we had talked to about possibly giving away two of the kittens to have not gotten back to us at all in the past few weeks so it looks like we’ll be keeping them for a wee bit longer. Ideally, we would love to keep them all, but our home simply isn’t big enough and I don’t think we have enough money to properly take care of them (food and litter), but we shall try, damn it.
Our home is quite nearly finished being set up. Actually, it’s only my boxes in the bedroom and craft room that are left. I don’t know why I haven’t unpacked them yet. Perhaps because it does not quite feel like home? A little saddening considering we’ve been here for almost a month. It could be the stress. Always blame the stress.
I got a wicked sunburn all over my body last week. My chest and back are raw currently and I had my last Oxycontin pill this morning before work. I itch and want to claw my skin. I’m peeling but because of the severity of the burn, I can’t touch it for it will only make matters worse. I have tomorrow off so here’s hoping that the healing process will be quick. Unlikely.
I am reading my seventh book since moving here. Goes to show how much time I had wasted on the internet beforehand. At least now I realize how much more I can do with my life and not worry about talking to friends online. It’s about time real life has distracted me. About damn fucking time. I hope to read two more books before school begins next month and then I shall reread Stranger in a Strange Land. I feel it is time to go back to Michael Valentine and his ideas about life.
Work is much better. I get along pretty much with everyone, finally. However, my boss – who has been on vacation for four weeks – comes back next week and none of us are looking forward to it. It’s been so lovely working without him, but I guess it was inevitable that he would return. Cross your fingers that he’ll slip up and we can finally have a new store manager that we don’t hate and talk about continuously behind their back.
I’m writing again and it feels weird. I think I’ve said this. But I have ideas for once and I’m trying to hang on to those, saving them for when it’s proper time to write them down. I think I’ll only be sharing with Adriana and Ashley Maker for the time being. I feel the subject is more touchy than those of my past.
I’ve decided I’m going to write my own encyclopedia of all things ancient that I feel are necessary to learn if not memorize. I’ll get it published, even if just one copy. I’ve begun making a list of the entries and once I feel comfortable that I have not forgotten anything dire, I shall begin writing it out and scanning in pictures, maps, artifacts, etc. I’m quite thrilled and yes, this does sound incredibly nerdy, but I am so excited. Finally, an encyclopedia of the ancient world and ONLY the ancient world. I’m getting goosebumps just thinking about it.
Oh the exciting life I live.
The kittens are about nine to ten weeks old now. They are misfits and sometimes headaches. I love them dearly, but bless them - what I wouldn’t give for more nap time in the evening! The two women we had talked to about possibly giving away two of the kittens to have not gotten back to us at all in the past few weeks so it looks like we’ll be keeping them for a wee bit longer. Ideally, we would love to keep them all, but our home simply isn’t big enough and I don’t think we have enough money to properly take care of them (food and litter), but we shall try, damn it.
Our home is quite nearly finished being set up. Actually, it’s only my boxes in the bedroom and craft room that are left. I don’t know why I haven’t unpacked them yet. Perhaps because it does not quite feel like home? A little saddening considering we’ve been here for almost a month. It could be the stress. Always blame the stress.
I got a wicked sunburn all over my body last week. My chest and back are raw currently and I had my last Oxycontin pill this morning before work. I itch and want to claw my skin. I’m peeling but because of the severity of the burn, I can’t touch it for it will only make matters worse. I have tomorrow off so here’s hoping that the healing process will be quick. Unlikely.
I am reading my seventh book since moving here. Goes to show how much time I had wasted on the internet beforehand. At least now I realize how much more I can do with my life and not worry about talking to friends online. It’s about time real life has distracted me. About damn fucking time. I hope to read two more books before school begins next month and then I shall reread Stranger in a Strange Land. I feel it is time to go back to Michael Valentine and his ideas about life.
Work is much better. I get along pretty much with everyone, finally. However, my boss – who has been on vacation for four weeks – comes back next week and none of us are looking forward to it. It’s been so lovely working without him, but I guess it was inevitable that he would return. Cross your fingers that he’ll slip up and we can finally have a new store manager that we don’t hate and talk about continuously behind their back.
I’m writing again and it feels weird. I think I’ve said this. But I have ideas for once and I’m trying to hang on to those, saving them for when it’s proper time to write them down. I think I’ll only be sharing with Adriana and Ashley Maker for the time being. I feel the subject is more touchy than those of my past.
I’ve decided I’m going to write my own encyclopedia of all things ancient that I feel are necessary to learn if not memorize. I’ll get it published, even if just one copy. I’ve begun making a list of the entries and once I feel comfortable that I have not forgotten anything dire, I shall begin writing it out and scanning in pictures, maps, artifacts, etc. I’m quite thrilled and yes, this does sound incredibly nerdy, but I am so excited. Finally, an encyclopedia of the ancient world and ONLY the ancient world. I’m getting goosebumps just thinking about it.
Oh the exciting life I live.
No comments:
Post a Comment